Cooking In Stilettos...
Saturday, May 31, 2008 Obsessed With: Breville Cordless Immersion Blender

I sometimes think I have the Bill Cosby disease, namely where on the Cosby Show, Mr. Cosby had gadgets galore in his kitchen. See, while y'all know I love my pots and pans - I also tend to gravitate to the electronics department of Sur La Table or Williams Sonoma when I'm curious about new and exciting things for the kitchen.

One of the first things I bought when I started my adventures in culinary mishaps was an immersion blender. While it works great and does its job, I hate the cord, it's a pain to clean, it's pretty beat up and I've had it for about 5 years now. Do I use it all the time - no, mostly because I hate that cord. It always gets in the way.

So, when I encountered the Breville Cordless Immersion Blender, I stood there in shock and awe. Sure, I spent about $30.00 for the original immersion blender I have, but $99.95 for this? That's a pair of shoes for me or a shiny new LC pot at the LC Outlet. What is a girl to do?

This is on my wishlist and, while I'm looking at it fondly, I'm still trying to justify the cost of an immersion blender when I already have one. Now if I made more things that required the use of one, I might be able to tell my inner PF demon to back off, but for now I'll keep fondling whenever I see it and, perhaps, one day it will be on the counter and not in a cabinet like many of my gadgets.

Any ideas how a gal can justify forgoing a new pair of stilettos for this beauty?

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 7:43 AM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------