Cooking In Stilettos...
Saturday, March 8, 2008 Comfort, Southwestern Style...

One thing I always have in my pantry are organic chicken stock, beans (black or cannelini) and salsa. That way I can always make my favorite Southwestern Chicken Soup.

I have to say that I'm spoiled. When I have tortilla or southwest chicken soup at various places, I always think "mine's better" because mine is always different each time around and allows for adaptation.



I first got wind of the Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe courtesy of Grown Up Girlie and when I make a batch, I always make sure that there will be extra for lunch or dinner during the week. I adapted the recipe from Real Simple (where the photo is from because I was too hungry to take pictures) and this recipe kicks butt time and time again...





Southwestern Chicken Soup (adapted from Real Simple)



1 12-ounce jar salsa verde
3 cups cooked chicken pieces (1 small deli-counter rotisserie chicken or leftovers)
1 15-ounce can cannellini or black beans, drained
3 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Pinch of Cayenne (optional)
1 small yellow onion, sauteed
1/2 cup sour cream
Tortilla chips (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Spritz of lime juice (optional)



Can't go wrong with Chicken soup when you are looking for a bit of comfort-y goodness. Buon apetito!

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 9:26 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------