Cooking In Stilettos...
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 A Night At Amada...

One of my favorite chefs is Jose Garces. I've heard rave reviews about his restaurants. His cookbook, Latin Evolution, is like art. And, to boot, the man spanked Bobby Flay HARD on Iron Chef America. So I knew that during my trip to Philly last month, I'd have to go to his restaurant, Amada. Amada is a Spanish tapas restaurant in Olde City, Philadelphia which was just a hop, skip and a jump from my hotel at Penn's Landing.

I have to say, Amada lived up to their buzz - the restaurant was all that and then some. The ambiance was intimate and rustic. From the moment you enter through the flowing draperies at the front door, staff greets you like an old friend welcoming you to dinner. Now, while I love Italian cooking, I'm also fond of Spanish cooking. After all, one of my signature dishes is Arroz Con Pollo.

Now, let's get to the fun stuff - the food. After much contemplation, the menu items selected were:

Of course I had to have some Merlot but Julie, the fab bartender, also suggested that I try their homemade sangria. If I had thought about it, I would have ordered that instead of the merlot. They have three sangrias - a white, a red and a seasonal. The seasonal selection was a spiced apple sangria which was insanely good. While Julie and I were talking, I mentioned the Foodbuzz New Years Eve 24, 24, 24 event that I was hosting and, with thanks to her, she gave me some wonderful suggestions which turned out perfect.

Sadly, I did not take any pictures of my visit there but I will be sure to take them on the next trip as this has hit my list of "Absolute Fave Restaurants" and I will be going back. However, the Ultimate Epicure reviewed the restaurant and took some AMAZING photos which you must see HERE.

Much thanks to everyone at Amada. It was a meal to remember...

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:27 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------