Cooking In Stilettos...
Friday, January 2, 2009 Cooking 'Round The Web...

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well, I'm still playing catch up from my travels , work and the holidays , but here are some great posts that I found and thought y'all might enjoy.

Bren over at FlanBoyant Eats is running one heck of a contest - the prizes are *to die for*. What are you waiting for - go enter and then come back. I'll wait. Promise! Congrats Bren on your one year blogiversary!!

Fabulously Broke In The City has a
wonderful post on what to do with all those cords and how to organize them so you can clear the chaos.

Marc Vetri, one of my fave chefs,
talks about his new book Il Viaggo del Vetri in the Philly Daily News

Predo over at Spartacus Wore A Skirt has a great recipe for Ice Cream + French Toast - fabulous for those kiddies who want Ice Cream for breakfast (c'mon - be nice, tis the holiday season!)

Jaden at Steamy Kitchen has a fabulous recipe for those soirees with her
Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Mayo

I picked up a few tips for food photography from The Constables' Larder and Vegan Yum Yum. Yes, that's one of my New Years Resolutions - learn to shoot better photographs!

Judy over at No Fear Entertaining did a fab Cilantro Pesto that I'm going to attempt for Super Bowl Soiree Central (that is if my E-A-G-L-E-S get a shot - wouldn't that be grand!)

Erin Cooks! has a great recipe for Raised Donuts (time to break in that bread machine...) Dunkin Who? Donuts What?

Susan over at Stickey, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy kicked butt in this month's Daring Baker's challenge with a Buche de Noel. First of all, my hat is off to these DBs. I would be curled up in a fetal position over some of the Challenges they do. Secondly - you must read what she went through to accomplish this challenge. I state for the record - I am a cook NOT a baker. She's a baker and an amazing one at that!

Sarah over at Pink Shoe Diaries has a dish that will brighten up the winter blahs - her
Asparagus and Pea Risotto.

SpecktraBeauty (shush) has found some a recipe for some Truffles that are good for you... seriously.

Napastyle guru, Michael Chiarello, opened his new restaurant, Bottega. Check out some great photos and insight from the event.

And, of course, I saved one of my most faves for last - a video where Colin Cowie teaches you how his kitchen is organized. Have I told y'all I adore this man - seriously. And that kitchen - to die for. At least we know he uses his Electrolux appliances. Another spokesperson might not have the cooking chops to fully appreciate her Electrolux... jus' saying ;) If you can, check out his other videos at Epicurious.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 2:17 PM :: 6 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------