Cooking In Stilettos...
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 Chefs to Watch: Jose Garces...

Iron Chef is one of those shows I try to watch and, most of the time, I root for the Iron Chef competing (well, unless it is John Besh). I know that you have to be one hell of a chef to even go up against once of the ICs so when I saw that Philly chef, Jose Garces was facing off against MY fave, Bobby Flay, I was torn. Like the issue I face with sports, you can't be a Philly gal and NOT root for the home team! My crew would shoot me if I went against the grain. So, I cheered on Jose Garces when he hit the national stage running, defeating Bobby Flay with a menu that was to. die. for.

Chef Garces runs three very successful restaurants in Philly:
Tinto [Basque], Distrito [Modern Mexican] and Amada [Tapas] and is well known about town. My friends who have dined at his restaurants have raved about it to the heavens. Not only do I adore Italian cuisine, but Spanish dishes always have me at hello.

My birthday present to myself was his new cookbook,
Latin Evolution, but when I was on Philly.com this week, I saw that they actually interviewed Chef Garces at his restaurant Tinto for a new episode of The Philly Dish.

Personally, I can't wait to go check out the menus. But, for now, check out this video and if you love Latin food like this gal here does, make sure to pick up your copy of
Latin Evolution today.


Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 5:44 AM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------