Cooking In Stilettos...
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 Cash Back: A Refresher Course For The Holidays... (Cross Post)

(Note: I originally posted this on my personal blog but since I know you culinary wizards might need some extra oomph in your stockings that you can spend at all things Williams Sonoma , etc., hopefully this can help you!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the holidays are upon us and I've been requested to give a little refresher course in all things cash back and coupons to help you get a little extra something in your stockings.

As y'all know, I do most of my shopping online. I detest the malls during the holidays and, for those that know me, that's tough to hear. I have no patience in bad customer service, annoying customers or crowds. I'd rather mill about enjoying the sights and sounds rather than worry about that "perfect" gift. SO - without further adieu - this is how your gal shops.

First of all, I have to have a game plan. For example, let's use my mother (sorry Mom and NO this is not your Xmas gift - just an example!)

Over Thanksgiving, she disclosed to me that she has been using bargain spices from Big Lots! Now, should I decide to cure her of this bad habit (because I'm a foodie snob), I know I'd need to replenish her spice cabinet with spices from one of my favorite culinary stores, Dean & Deluca. My theory is if the Barefoot Contessa uses it, then the product HAS to be top notch. Good vanilla and all!

First step: Research to see if there are any coupons on RetailMeNot.com, CouponCabin.com or UltimateCoupons.com . If there are, make note of the codes and maximize them for the ultimate savings.

Second Step: Research to see who has the highest cash back through EVRewards.com (sometimes you get good coupons on here as well).

Third Step: Select your cash back portal to use. I only use four sites: Fat Wallet, Ebates, Mr. Rebates or CashBaq . There are others, but I've had the best luck with those four and, personally, I use Mr. Rebates and Ebates the most.

Fourth Step:Find the item you are looking for, purchase and viola! You will get cash back, ultimate savings and a nice little somethin' somethin' for you in March because it takes about 90 days for the available funds to be posted.

So to recap: the Cash Back sites to bookmark/sign up at are:

Happy Shopping!

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 8:20 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------