Cooking In Stilettos...
Monday, January 12, 2009
My 2009 Culinary Goals
I'm not a firm believer in "resolutions" as I detailed over at Just Because... However, I am a fan of "Goals" and decided that, in addition to making my "2009 Life Goals", I was going to add some culinary goals to the mix. Of course, you know you'll have a front row seat if I pass or fail. So, without further adieu, may I present some of my 2009 Culinary Goals...
- Attend the South Beach Food & Wine Festival. Granted, every year I hear about it and every year I whine about how I should have gone. Well, considering that I live in Florida, I bit the bullet last night and I bought a ticket for a day to at least check it out. Yes, it's pricey but to see some of my fave chefs cook i.e. Michael Symon, Sunny Anderson, Ingrid Hoffman, Tyler Florence, Cat Cora, etc. Who knows, maybe next year I'll go for the whole event. Either way, a day at South Beach - YAY!
- Take a cooking class (or three) at a local cooking school here in Orlando. I found out about Truffles and Trifles through Chowhound and I'm intrigued to say the least. I know the Italian and Cajun ones are on my list. The Williams-Sonoma “demos” aren’t really “cooking classes” per se. While they are good, if I’m going to spend $40+ for a class, I’d rather it be hands on. I learn much better that way.
- Learn to make fresh pasta. This means I have to do my research on Pasta Machines, find some fab pasta recipes and, for the love of all things Italiano, learn to NOT hit the boxed penne if I fail miserably.
- With the pasta comes the pizza... Learn To Make My Own Pizza Dough...
- Finally cave and getting some "good china and glassware." Now, I have some great pieces courtesy of Southern Living, my family and various finds. I still lust after the Vietri line that I first saw on Everyday Italian years ago. So I’m going to work on actually finding pieces I adore at the best price. Seriously, my one wish would be to raid the Food Network “closet” (you know like the Vogue closet with all the goodies). I’d be up to my eyeballs in all things Le Creuset, Simon Pearce and Vetri. *sigh*
- Learn to make dog food for the pug. The cat is pretty well established with her fave food, treats and whatnot. The pug is a very finicky eater so I'll be researching more on this. Plus, I feel bad for the little guy who is getting sick all the time. Poor munchkin.
- Finally, a blog culinary goal - Move this blog over to WordPress. Blogger and I are *ahem* cool but I want to really work on making Cooking In Stilettos the best it could be. So, make sure to keep http://www.cookinginstilettos.org in your bookmarks. I’m hoping to get this transitioned by the end of February - maybe sooner. Don’t quote me, though.
What’s on your culinary agenda for 2009?
Labels: Blog, Culinary Goals, Pets, Shopping
Posted by Lys ::
8:53 AM ::
Post / Read Comments