Cooking In Stilettos...
Monday, January 26, 2009 A Bounty of Fruits and Veggies...

In my quest on eating healthier this year, I made a commitment to actually USE the produce I buy.

I am guilty of shopping for groceries sans list, going "ohhh - let me try this" and "Ooohhh, that looks great" and my bags are loaded with produce due to my impulse shopping (and you thought I was bad with shoes - not!). During the week, lately I have been so drained from the 9to9 that when I get home my fingers start dialing for takeout. Not to mention, I really don't have much time to spend at Publix or Fresh Market these days - it's that crazy.

Well, I found out about this great service called Orlando Organics where they deliver a plethora of organic goodies to you and you get to set the schedule for weekly or bi-weekly, all very reasonably priced. In addition to my normal order, I decided to add some extra fruit. The people there are so great, very personable and actually pay attention to what you may not like and try to help you out with your delivery. All in all, I'm thrilled so far. And, now that I have my Lotus system, I'm excited.

So, with that, let's see what I got, shall we?

The cooler was crazy full with a plethora of organic goodies. I felt like a kid on Christmas going "Iron Chef - Ingredient - I dunno!" If anything it spurred the creativity in me and I have some interesting things on the agenda this week.

Now, please excuse me while I am off to learn about all things Winter Squash...

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 7:57 AM :: 4 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------