Cooking In Stilettos...
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 Limoncello Brings A Little Bit of Sunshine

Is this gorgeous? Gotta love Michael Chiarello and Napastyle for their excellent serving ideas. This carafe set is on my "Must get" list.

Speaking of Limoncello, the other day I bought my first bottle ofLimoncello, just because. I saw a couple cocktail recipes that I want to try and they sounded delicious. I knew it had a bit of za-za-zu as, well, we all heard about Danny Devito and George Clooney falling prey to its siren call.

As I was in my freezer this morning, that lovely bottle was just in front of my eyes begging to be in recipes other than just cocktails which sent me on a mission.

Courtesy of Epicurious, I'm adding this recipe to my arsenal for my next soiree. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mixed Berries With Marscarpone-Limoncello Cream

Recipe Courtesy of Epicurious.com

Ingredients:
For the Marscapone Cream:
3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
1/2 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese
3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons limoncello (lemon liqueur)

For the Berries:
8 cups assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries,blackberries, and hulled sliced strawberries; about 2 pounds)
3/4 cup raspberry preserves
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel

Preparation

Combine whipping cream, mascarpone, 3 tablespoons sugar, and limoncello in large bowl. Beat until soft peaks form.

Combine all berries, raspberry preserves, lemon peel, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in another large bowl; toss gently.

Divide berry mixture among 8 cups. Top with mascarpone cream

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 3:28 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------